Sunday 7 April 2013

Is this the worst IT network room ever?

Recently I had the fortune to work at a place where all of the computing equipment had been put into a small windowless room.  As I had temporary responsibility for it I quickly got to grips with the disaster in waiting I had inherited.


A picture paints a thousand words, so here are some of the room as it was.


Much of the equipment was 10+ years old and was running business critical applications.  The pictured server, with the additional ‘cooling features’ actually had the power unit fail and another server failed permanently when its mother board could not recover a power outage a few days later.

However, much of the excitement was quickly resolved with modern kit and procedures but it would be good to hear from others as I am sure this is not the worst IT room ever, but it must be quite close!

No comments:

Post a Comment